I love cooking and trying new recipes. Last week I made a red curry with rice and it was delicious – I even ended up making it twice last week! I got the recipe from a Norwegian website, but I did tweak the recipe to my liking. I made this for 2 people, but we ate it as dinner and then as lunch the next day – so it would be a recipe for a dinner for 4 people.
400 g chicken breast
2 red onions
2 small garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
150 g snow peas
450 ml coconut milk
3 dl beef broth
3 ts red curry paste
1 ts fish sauce
Juice of half a lime
I always start with preparing the rice first for it to be perfect when the curry is done.
1. Cut the onions in big bites and finely chop the garlic cloves. Heat the onions and garlic in oil for a couple of minutes with the curry paste.
2. Add the coconut milk and beef broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the lime juice, some sugar and fish sauce. Let the sauce simmer 2-3 minutes without a lid.
3. Add shredded, raw chicken to the sauce. Leave it to simmer until the chicken is cooked through. I leave it to cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add the chopped broccoli and red bell pepper for the last 5 minutes, and the snow peas for the last minute to keep the crispiness.
5. Serve with rice and some chopped cashew nuts!
This dish is delicious with a good balance of salt, sweet and spices!
Share it with me if you decide to make it ❤
Have a great saturday everyone!You can now follow my blog with Bloglovin!